Patrik Lerchmüller (CH/F, 1981)
composition, trombone, trumpet, kalimbas, piano, electronics, etc…
Paris & Vienna based composer and multi-instrumentalist, working within a wide spectrum of film-scoring, world music, rock, jazz, contemporary and electronic music.
Recent commissions include the film scores to:
- 2021 Flammenmädchen (ORF/ZDF, Landkrimi, 90′)
- 2020 Das Glück Ist Ein Vogerl (ORF/ARD, Stadtkomödie, 90′)
- 2019 Das Dunkle Paradies (ORF/ZDF, Landkrimi, 90′)
- 2018 Tatort Wien: Glück Allein (ORF, TV-Thriller 90′)
- 2017 Hamlet, Ophelia und die Anderen (Burgtheater Wien)
- 2016 Maramba – (k)ein Talent zum Glück (Rainer/Köhlmeier)
- 2015 Drachenjungfrau (Catalina Molina, ORF Landkrimi, 90′)
After his trombone and composition studies at the Universities of Arts in Graz and Vienna (Austria), he moves to Paris, where he becomes Artist in Residence at Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris (France) and later Artist in Residence at Instituto Sacatar Bahia (Brazil).
His album Vakuum with American extreme vocalist David Moss has been highly praised by the critics for its creative blend of contemporary music, jazz and poetry.
His Japanese duo Shakulimba has been invited to play its zen-buddhist pieces at Tonhalle Zürich. As trombonist he has performed at festivals all over the world, including last year’s appearance at Philharmonie de Paris with Sufjan Stevens.