Patrik Lerchmüller (CH/F, 1981)
composition, trombone, trumpet, kalimbas, piano, electronics, etc…
Paris-based composer and multi-instrumentalist, working within a wide spectrum of film-scoring, world music, rock, jazz, contemporary and electronic music.
After his trombone and composition studies at the Universities of Arts in Graz and Vienna (Austria), he moves to Paris, where he becomes Artist in Residence at Cité Internationale des Arts de Paris (France) and later Artist in Residence at Instituto Sacatar Bahia (Brazil).
His album Vakuum with American extreme vocalist David Moss has been highly praised by the critics for its creative blend of contemporary music, jazz and poetry.
His Japanese duo Shakulimba has been invited to play its zen-buddhist pieces at Tonhalle Zürich. As trombonist he has performed at festivals all over the world, including last year’s appearance at Philharmonie de Paris with Sufjan Stevens.
In addition to his own projects, he regularly composes for film and theatre productions.
Recent commissions include the scores to:
- Flammenmädchen (ORF/ZDF, Landkrimi, 90′)
- Das Glück Ist Ein Vogerl (ORF/ARD, Stadtkomödie, 90′)
- Das Dunkle Paradies (ORF/ZDF, Landkrimi, 90′)
- Tatort Wien: Glück Allein (ORF, TV-Thriller 90′)
- Hamlet, Ophelia und die Anderen (Burgtheater Wien)
- Drachenjungfrau (ORF Landkrimi, 90′)